Saturday, 8th September, 2012
The proposed transfer of Vadis Odidja-Ofoe to Everton from Club Brugge has been cancelled after FIFA refused to grant permission for the move to go ahead.
World football’s governing body has concluded that the transfer happened too late and Vadis cannot join David Moyes’ men.
The 23-year-old midfielder had been hoping to be able to make the switch to Goodison Park but, while he is understandably disappointed, it is not a turn of events which has taken him by surprise.
"I knew this could happen because the chance of going to Everton came very late", Vadis told Club Brugge’s official website.
"I would be lying if I said I did not mind not playing in the Premier League, but I know there will be opportunities at other stages in my career if I can continue improving with Club Brugge", he added.
"There are many things possible for Club Brugge and I want to make my contribution to the project.
"I will show my appreciation for this club."
Vadis has shown a professional attitude throughout the transfer wrangle, despite being desperate to end up at the Toffees.
It remains to be seen whether Everton boss Moyes will return for the former Hamburg man in the January transfer window, but for now the Belgium international is focusing solely on Club Brugge.