Saturday, 24th November, 2012
Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has insisted that no offers have yet been received for in-demand striker Radamel Falcao.
The Colombian has been strongly linked with English Premier League giants Chelsea and Manchester City, while Real Madrid have also been mooted as keeping an eye on the situation of their rivals’ star striker.
Falcao’s father even added fuel to the fire of a move for his son by explaining that he knows Chelsea and Manchester City want to sign the former FC Porto forward, but pointed out that the goal-getter dreamed of playing for Real Madrid as a child.
The 26-year-old has a release clause of €60M and Atletico Madrid have admitted that selling him for that price would boost the club’s financial position significantly.
But thus far, for all the talk, Cerezo claims no bids have landed at the Vicente Calderon.
"We have not had an offer from anyone", the president told La Informacion.
Cerezo also stressed that Falcao has not informed Atletico Madrid that he wants to head for pastures new.
"The player has not told us that he wants to leave.
"There is nothing to report."
So far this season Falcao has netted ten goals in eleven La Liga games, keeping Atletico Madrid in touch with league leaders Barcelona, as well as ahead of city rivals Real Madrid.